Garlic is one of the most delicious and appetising foods in existence. There are few people who can resist becoming hungry when they catch the rich aroma of cooking garlic.
And since we're cooking vegetarian, tofu is an ideal and easy-to-use source of protein and other wonderful nutrition.
This is a delicious and satisfying dish that can be a hearty dinner, or can feed two as an entree with side dishes. You will find it especially flavourful, and you might even want a nap afterwards as you will be so profoundly satisfied by eating it!
Super Garlic Parsley Tofu
1 block tofu
extra virgin olive oil
1/2 bulb garlic
1 tbsp instant mushroom stock
1 tbsp flour
1 tbsp margarine
1) First, press the tofu as always, and then cut it into cubes. Peel the garlic and cut into pieces as desired.
2) Heat a small amount of olive oil over medium heat in a frypan. Add the tofu cubes to the oil and stir to coat. Add sea salt and stir again. Cook for 10-20 minutes, until tofu begins to brown.
3) Remove the tofu to a bowl or plate. Add the margarine to the frypan and cook until completely melted, then add the garlic. Cook for around 30 seconds. Add the flour and stir thoroughly, to blend with the margarine.
4) Add about 1 C water, and stir thoroughly to blend with the margarine mixture. Add the instant mushroom stock and blend thoroughly. Cook for a couple of minutes, then add the tofu back in. Stir again.
5) Add paprika and parsley, to taste. Parsley has a subtle flavour, so add as much as you like. Add more water if it is not to desired consistency. If it is too runny, just cook until it thickens.
6) Serve hot. This dish goes well over rice or noodles, but it is delicious by itself!
Tips and Such
- If you are using Hungarian paprika, note that it is much more flavourful and hotter than paprika that is typically sold in grocery stores (unless you are in Hungary), so use less.
- Fresh parsley will make the flavour much richer, so if you can get it, it will add a delightful depth to the dish!
- This is based off a German recipe, so you can also serve this over boiled potatoes or egg noodles, which are common in German cooking.
I hope you will enjoy this simple dish! It is thoroughly delightful and oh so fulfilling. It tastes rich, but it is actually quite nutritious and not nearly as indulgent as it may seem.
};) Dhiar <3