Sometimes one gets in the mood for a fulfilling meal that doesn't take long and doesn't require many ingredients. For those times, I recommend this lovely recipe. It only takes a few minutes, it doesn't need many ingredients, and it's so delicious!
Quick and Dirty Chickpea Sandwiches
1/2 can chickpeas
4-5 spoons crushed tomatoes
1 spoon butter, margarine, or oil of your choice
1/2 tsp sugar, or to taste
adobo seasoning, to taste
ground pepper, black or Szechuan, to taste
chipotle powder, to taste (optional)
buns or bread
1) In a frypan, melt the butter (or oil, or whatever you use) and place the buns down in it, to cook over medium-high heat. You basically pull the buns apart and toast the insides, where you put the main sandwich. Cook until they are a little crispy, then set aside on your plate.
2) Place the tomatoes in the pan, and add the chickpeas. Using a potato masher, partially mash the chickpeas until the mixture is at a desired consistency. Add seasonings and stir to combine. Cook for 5 or so minutes, until hot and mixture is blended.
3) Serve hot, with fixings of your choice!
Tips and Such
- These are great as a distinctive sort of 'sloppy joe' type sandwich. You can top them with cheese, or even add other vegetables like onions and peppers to the mixture. It's a very versatile recipe that allows a great amount of customisation.
- Because of their nature, these sandwiches work best on buns. Whole grain buns complement the flavour perfectly, and they add another healthy element to the dish.
You should definitely try this marvellous recipe! It takes virtually no time at all, and it's so, so delicious! It's not a junky fast food meal...but it has all the taste of something decadent and sinful. Treat yourself to a pair of these delightful sandwiches today!
};) Dhiar <3